Reno’s Roofing sets a higher standard with roof coatings, choosing to only work with silicone based coatings and with only select silicone coating manufactures that offer the very best materials and full system warranties. Reno’s Roofing works with Gaco silicone products and is an approved applicator with Gaco. Gaco silicone is a Firestone Company product and is the very best in the silicone coating market. Coating systems have been around for a long time but in recent years silicone is quickly becoming the go-to material in the flat roof coatings market. Its benefits range from leak-free protection, to improved aesthetic appeal of the roof, to improved sustainability. These roofs are also highly sustainable, and could quite literally be the last roofing substrate you ever need with only a recoating every 10-20 years. What does it do that no other material can? First, it withstands ponding water – indefinitely. Because silicone coatings are not water based like acrylic, they absorb no moisture. While some acrylic coatings can be reinforced with fabric to withstand a little ponding water, they are no match for silicone’s natural resistance to moisture. Another benefit to silicone is that it does not chalk off as other flat roof coatings do. Silicone is “mon-sacrificial,” and as such it does not slowly shed as time goes by. It will stay fully intact for the life of the roof. Thirdly, silicone does not need to be reinforced with roof fabric, saving you time and money on installation. The last major benefit to silicone is that you need less of it than most other flat roof coatings. As little as 2 gallons can be used for 100 square feet, less than half that would be needed for acrylic.
Benefits of Silicone Coating Systems
- AVOID TIME-CONSUMING AND COSTLY TEAR-OFFS. By re-covering, you save on labor costs and avoid landfill expenses, plus your existing roof can be re-covered without any interruption to normal business operations.
- WITHSTANDS PERMANENT PONDING WATER. Is an excellent choice for flat or sloped roofs. Extremely durable, will not soften, bubble or degrade under permanent ponding water.
- 100% SILICONE. The unique chemistry of silicone offers peace of mind for a lifetime! It outperforms and outlasts acrylic, urethane, asphalt and Hypalon® coatings.
- REDUCE ENERGY COSTS. The highly-reflective, glossy finish of silicone roof coatings can help reduce energy costs and meets all tile 24 roofing codes.
- REMAINS PERMANENTLY FLEXIBLE. Will stay flexible and maintain adhesion, even under permanent ponding water or snow pack. Other coatings become brittle and begin to degrade over time.
- NON-SACRIFICIAL. Is unaffected by harsh UV rays and temperature extremes.
- 50-YEAR LIMITED MATERIAL WARRANTY. Carry a 50 Year Limited Material Warranty.
- NO DOLLAR LIMIT WARRANTY. Full system warranties on material and labor are offered from both Reno’s Roofing and the Silicone manufacturer for 10-20 years. Please see more about warranties WARRANTY BUTTON
- TAX BENEFITS. Silicone coating is considered maintenance and expenses can be 100% recovered in the current tax year. A great benefit to once again saving costs over re-roofs options.